Base Titanium is a creative resource company that places a strong emphasis on being part of the community in which it operates and on attracting and developing good people. Kwale is the first large scale mining development in Kenya and represents an exciting opportunity for high performing candidates seeking to be part of a dynamic and progressive organization.
With the upcoming implementation of the Kwale Phase 2 (KP2) Expansion Project which is designed to maximize the overall Kwale project returns, we require an experienced Project Planner. We encourage pragmatic and pro-active candidates who can work well in a team and have strong integrity to apply.
As a key member of the KP2 Project Team, you will report to the Project Cost and Controls Engineer and be responsible for the planning and scheduling of all Kwale Phase 2 project tasks.
Your main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating stakeholder communication by acting as an internal liaison with the BTL Construction team and external contractors.
- Developing, monitoring and updating the project plan and schedule.
- Providing the necessary project metrics, e.g., effort to date, estimated cost to complete, estimated effort at completion, project costs, slippage, critical path and target completion dates.
- Identifying and managing potential conflicts between construction activities and operational activities.
- Working with the Supply Chain Officers to ensure all materials and equipment are available when required.
- Providing input into design development and preparation of project cost/budget reports.
- Promoting a safe work environment.
To succeed you will require:
- A BSc. in Mechanical/Electrical or other Engineering related discipline.
- Experience in planning and scheduling software use (MS Projects).
- Strong MSOffice suite skills.
- Demonstrable experience in planning and/or engineering in the mining or construction industry.
- Kenyan Citizenship.
- Strong leadership and a people oriented outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Desirable skills/experience include:
- Previous contract management experience or knowledge of change management principles in an Engineering/Project environment.
- Knowledge and/or experience with computer managed maintenance systems (CMMS), preferably Pronto.
This is a fixed term contract with an expected duration of 13 months. Applicants must be willing and able to start work immediately.
If you believe you have the appropriate skills and want to work for this progressive organization, we encourage you to apply to the KP2Cost Project and Controls Engineer online at www.basetitanium.com/careers by no later than 30th May 2017.